- Talking and sharing usually provides new insights Into future awareness and prevention
- Observing and practicing usually provides more confidence
- Your goals discussed on the first day are flexibly adapted to your needs on the day
By session 2 or 3 you will know if my approach is right for you
Average length of a session is 55 minutes.
TELEPHONE SESSIONS if you leave Hobart
REPORTS and strategies
ABOUT THE PSYCHOLOGIST.
I am a psychologist with over 30 years experience in therapy, coaching, counseling, and workplace intervention and the workers compensation and injury and trauma recovery. I have combined research, teaching and practice and now focuses on practice and constant learning. My background has resulted in a preference to modify my choice of therapy options in a way that suits you as an individual. I have taught the biopsychosocial approach, and researched in the fields of the body’s response to stress and trauma and happiness. I have provided legal and work place reports. I enjoy helping clients develop and achieve positive interpersonal, personal or workplace goals.
My approaches include CPT, IRRT, CBT, DBT, and ACT strategies based on foundation work in brief psychotherapies, communication training, interactionism and clinical psychophysiology.
- Current AHPRA registration
- Australian Psychological Society Member for over 30 years
- Fellow of the College of Health Psychology
- By invitation – foundation committee member of the Australian Psychological Society College of Health Psychologists 1997-1999
- APS Committee for organisational health (judging panel for annual awards 2014-1
The Stress Clinic of Hobart: In psychophysiology stress results from enduring strain on a system. The plan was to have other clinics elsewhere but I realized I would become an administrator instead of being able to work with my clients.
The goal beneath the name is to achieve the opposite to what happens for someone experiencing stress – to gain clear thinking – good decisions – carefully considered actions and ability to bounce back (resilience) with balance, and times of fun or joy.–