In the recovery period after injury, trauma or chronic illness is your goal to
ACCEPT, MANAGE, OR CHANGE
a physical or emotional response or circumstance, illness, or after injury or trauma at home or at work
DO YOU NEED UNDERSTANDING STRATEGIES AND SUPPORT FOR
- Physical habits affecting poor sleep patterns, or pain.
- disorders worsened by stress or anxiety (psychophysiological).
- Psychological stress or worry
- emotional effects impacting your recovery – moving through sadness or fear to find resilience
- (Grief, loss, disappointment, humiliation, anger or fear)
- Lack of effective communication with medical staff or loved ones or your insurer – getting clarity and a voice
- Loss of motivation to continue compliance with medication or procedures – finding the way forward
THE QUESTION BECOMES
Not – what can’t I do but what I CAN DO,
and what can I safely extend to at this point of recovery now.
For PTSD the question is whether we will use CPT IRRT or ACT therapies.
We set goals together, and strategies are based on your needs
MY Health Psychology model complies with the biopsychosocial requirements of Workers Compensation Authorities.